Xinjiangtour

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi dear Visitor ,My name's Mohammad Ali ,I'm a local in Xinjiang ,I'm a private tour operator.If you want to come to Xinjiang,feel free to contact me.+86 15770192395

Latest topics

» Khotan or Hotan Rugs
Tashkurgan Mountain Trekking tours I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 3:06 am by Admin

» Kashgar Rugs
Tashkurgan Mountain Trekking tours I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 3:03 am by Admin

» Yarkand Rugs
Tashkurgan Mountain Trekking tours I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 3:03 am by Admin

» Xinjiang Carpet
Tashkurgan Mountain Trekking tours I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2016 10:24 pm by Admin

» Private tour operator
Tashkurgan Mountain Trekking tours I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 2:54 am by Admin

» For Travelers who are at the airport
Tashkurgan Mountain Trekking tours I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 11:44 pm by Xinjiangtour

» Muztagh Atta China
Tashkurgan Mountain Trekking tours I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 1:22 pm by MashabrumExp

» Hoten-Niya-Urumqi 5 days tour
Tashkurgan Mountain Trekking tours I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:09 am by Xinjiangtour

» WHERE THE GREAT MOUNTAINS MEET
Tashkurgan Mountain Trekking tours I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:08 am by MashabrumExp

Navigation

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 31 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:13 pm

Tashkurgan Mountain Trekking tours

Xinjiangtour

Tashkurgan Mountain Trekking tours Empty Tashkurgan Mountain Trekking tours

Post  Xinjiangtour

Four days trekking around Tashkurgan (The Tajik villages)
    This is one cultural trekking tour amongst the villages of the Pamir mountains you'll never forget. Our route follows the original local caravan routes that the locals once used before the new roads were built. You'll have the chance to stay with local Tajik nomads in their village and eat with them in their homes. This a trekking experience that offers a great chance to relive the life of the Silk Road and promises to be a memorable time you will always cherish.
    Day 01
    Kashgar - Tashkurgan (290km/180miles)
    Our Silk Road tour guide and driver will meet you at your hotel at 7:30am local time from where we'll head out along the Karakorum Highway (KKH) to Karakul Lake - the KKH was recently renamed the Sino-Pakistan Highway. On the way, we will stop off in Opal to visit the Mahmood Kashgary Tomb who was a famous Uyghur scholar in the 11th century. The scholar was particularly famous for his book named Complete Turkish Dictionary. Opal is also an interesting village for its Monday market. In the village, we will buy some fresh bread and fruits and some gifts (pens or pencils) for the Kyrgyz kids at Karakul Lake and set off along the famous Ghez River towards Kumtag (Sand Mountain)
    The Ghez check point is only for checking passports and local IDs to Tashkurgan. Yet from this point on the road takes on a life of its own, dominated by the breathtaking beauty of mountains of three distinct colours. Rest assured, we'll stop plenty of times to take photos. When we arrive at the Old Silk Road Inn, we will stop for a photo break by the Ghez River and again later on to walk next to Kum tagh. Sometimes it's not possible to cross the river due to the high waters.
    From here on, we will 20 minutes next to Karakul Lake, where you can't fail to be impressed by the super massifs of Kongor Peak and Muztagh Ata (meaning 'Father of the Ice Mountain') over looking the lucid water of the lake. Karakul is a special place of intense beauty. Beside the lake one can see local people with their yaks, goats, sheep and camels. We will arrive at the Lake for lunch time where a Kyrgyz traditional meal awaits in a local Yurt (not a touristy one).
    Following lunch, you will have two hours free time to walk besides the lake and ride horses or camels around it. Afterwards we will push on to Subash village to visit local Kyrgyz houses before driving to Tashkurgan where, on route, you'll have the chance to view an old Kyrgyz grave yard beside the main road for photos. It takes about 2 hours to reach Tashkurgan and we can stop for photos as often as you wish. At Tagarma village, we will also visit a hot spring a few kms into the mountains (optional). All being well we will arrive in Tashkurgan at 4:00pm local time where you will check in to either the Pamir hotel or Stone city hotel. (Booked as per your request). Later, you'll free time to walk around town. Dinner will be in one of the local Tajik restaurants.
    Day 02
    Today, we will begin our trekking from Tashkurgan to Maryang village about five hours walk away. . On the way, we will cross the Tashkkurgan river and have lunch in an old Tajik shepherd's house. The local scenery is amazing and our visit here is a great chance to learn about the Tajik shepherds. Tonight we will camp or stay in a Tajik home in Maryang where you'll have the chance to have a good chat with the old Tajik people there. A few of the Tajik old shepherds here are more than 100 years old.
    Day 03
    Following breakfast, we will trek to Afar Siyap (Alip Artungha) mountain and Gendi Kir mountain situated to the north of Maryang village. Afar Siyap was a famous Turan King in 530 AD in Central Asia and the Tajiks have a very interesting legend about this mountain. We'll have lunch on the mountain and then trek back to Tashkurgan at around 4:00pm local time. After visiting the Stone Fort in Tashkurgan, we will drive back to Karakul Lake to stay in a Kyrgyz yurt beside the lake. For dinner, we will eat traditional Kyrgyz food.
    Day 04
    After a Kyrgyz breakfast, there'll be time to ride horses and camels around the lake for as long as you want. Then we drive back to Kashgar and reach there around 3:00pm local time.
    Share this post on: reddit

No Comment.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:38 pm